The purpose of FLiPM® is to create a bridge. Starting in Career and Technical Education in the Public Schools Systems and ending with success. Success may be in the form of Post-Secondary Education, a Project Management Career or a career in any industry of their choice. FLiPM® will accomplish this by creating partnerships with Public Schools systems to empower the educators to create the desire to learn.
FLiPM® with Educators through Career and Technical Education (CTE)
- Developing Soft Skills needed for success in any industry with FLiPM® Life Skills curriculum
- Training the Teachers – provide training from a Registered Education Provider(REP) to enable CTE Teachers to meet requirements to sit for the Project Management Professional (PMP®) Certification from Project Management Institute (PMI®)
- Providing a capstone senior class to prepare students to meet the requirements to sit for the Certified Associate’s in Project Management (CAPM®) from PMI®
FLiPM® with Professional Organizations local PMI Chapters
- Making use of current PMP® professionals within the community as:
- Guest Speakers in the FLiPM® Life Skills curriculum
- Mentors for the capstone CAPM® senior high school course to help validate contact hours necessary to meet requirements from PMI®
- Creating a bond between the professional organization and any industry in a recognized career path.
- Welcoming the student into a professional organization
FLiPM® with local business
- Offsetting the costs of classroom teaching tools to make learning fun for students, and less costly for schools by offering financial contributions to FLiPM® Life Skills Curriculum
- Creating Sponsorships to provide student workbooks as well as Teacher Training guides
- Generating opportunities with internships to use newly developed project management skill sets
FLiPM® with governmental agencies
- Bridging the gap between the Department of Education and the Department of Labor
- Enabling a successful handoff from Public Education Career and Technical Education to the Department of Labor area workforce
- Building and producing a workforce to stimulate economic growth
PMI - Central Virginia Chapter
To serve the professional interests of chapter members by enhancing expertise through project management education and training, supporting PMI® certifications, and promoting association with other project management professionals. To be the premier professional project management organization for business, civic, government, and education communities in Central Virginia.
Henrico County Public Schools
Henrico County Public Schools expresses a divisionwide commitment to every student by communicating a vision of inclusiveness: “The right to achieve. The support to succeed.” The school division also embraces four critical areas of focus: Student Safety, Academic Progress, Closing Gaps and Relationships.
Henrico Education Foundation
The HEF promotes educational achievement by creating community partnerships that secure resources essential for success in our schools and communities in Henrico County. To give all students and teachers in Henrico County the tools they need to succeed so our children achieve and are empowered to make positive contributions to our community and economy.